March 21, 2010

I am a Coward...

Remember that little video I put out on youtube a couple years ago? Well, I checked my email tonight and noticed a comment about this video in my inbox. I opened it and the person basically went on a rant about how the men and women in the military are not heroes. He then went on to say something about how the military doesn't keep us free, but instead their function is to simply keep the rich, rich. Then he told me I was brainwashed and my video was a load of crap. Hmm...how insulting.

Even though I do read every comment that comes in about my video, I don't always post them all. I generally don't like to censor comments and I will usually approve them even if they disagree with my own opinion of our military. But I do choose to draw the line when people use name calling and other insults and intimidation tactics to make their point. When that happens, their comments get deleted.

That's what happened this time. I deleted his comment. Two minutes later I received this message in my inbox from the same person:

"Your a coward and you know why"

Ignoring the fact that he can't spell, I thought long and hard about this and tried to figure out why he would say such a thing. Twenty seconds later I had it figured out.

I don't dare jump out of a plane.

Yep, he was right. I really am a coward.

2 comments:

Ap said...

I hope you actually sent that as a response.
I was going to write a long rant about why the men and women of the military are heroes but then I realized that most people already know why. The leaders of the military may not be heroes as they make decisions from their cozy offices but those sleeping on a cot following orders sure are.

Jo said...

WOW, I am almost speechless! I personally feel that people only resort to name calling (and in some instances bad language)when they lack the basic language skills to back up their argument - which in this case is weak to say the least.

I completely agree with the above comment. Well said Ap!

Camille, I loved your video. I hope the comments of this small minded person won't put you off.