July 18, 2010

Turning 90...

On Friday my grandma turned 90 years old. On Saturday we held a big party for her at my parent's house to celebrate this milestone. It's not often that a person makes it to 90. I'm actually hoping she makes it to 150 just so my kids will get a chance to meet her (because at the rate I'm going, I'm going to be like Abraham's wife and not give birth until I'm 90).

Anyway, I could write a lengthy blog about the many things I love about my grandma but it would take way too long and all of you would get bored reading it. This morning I heard a song that expressed to me exactly the type of woman she is. I decided that posting it on here and letting you listen to it wouldn't take quite as long...and you might get a better idea of her faith, her strength, her gentleness, her kindness and her love, than I could ever express in words. This song is the epitome of the woman she is. I am so grateful for her. She has been such an inspiration to me and a wonderful example of being a woman of God. I hope that someday I can be half as good a woman as she is.

In order for me to play this song on my blog, I had to turn it into a video. Due to lack of time, I wasn't able to find a bunch of pictures of her to include so the only picture on it right now is the one of us together that we took yesterday at her party. Therefore, if you tire of staring at our faces, just close your eyes and listen to the words.


No comments: