Did you guys hear about that lady in Michigan who fell asleep on a flight from Washington DC to Philadelphia? Well, if not you can read the story here, but I'll give a quick recap.
She fell asleep. The plane landed around midnight. She never woke up. A cleaning crew found her still asleep at 4am. Now she's suing the airline. For false imprisonment. And emotional distress.
I cannot stop laughing!! I understand that the flight attendants should have walked through the plane and made sure that everyone was off, but suing them for false imprisonment? Seriously? And what's all this about emotional distress? She was sound asleep! She had no idea she was even left on the plane until the cleaning crew woke her up, so how was she emotionally distressed by that situation? Surely she didn't miss a meeting or a family members wedding or anything else super important at four o'clock in the morning. Heck, she didn't even miss out on any sleep!
It kind of makes me ask myself what I would have done in her situation, and I think I would have gone back to sleep and told the crew to wake me up in two more hours.
But the all important question now is...
Will she win?
10 years ago
5 comments:
Of course she's going to win. But only because the FAA is going to fine the heck out of the airline for all the violations that were broken. However she never even knew she was alone...someone woke her up.
This reminds me of the story I just heard of a woman suing her phone company for sending her phone bill to her house without her permission...That's right.
Apparently her husband opened the bill, heaven forbid, and realized she was having an affair!
So she is suing the phone company for invasion of privacy and for ruining her marriage! haha Love people like this. And she too will probably win!
Val that is crazy! Just heard another story on the news last night about a woman who is suing google because their map directed her down a busy road in Park City and she got in a wreck. Yeah, it's totally google's fault! HAHA!
OOOO OOO OO! I want to know what you think of the book you're reading! Seven Miracles that Saved America!
When are people going to take actual responsibilities for their own actions, and stop blaming everyone else for what happens in their life?!? Sure people could've waken her up, but sounds like she was in a sleeping coma!
Post a Comment