May 19, 2010

I'm Perplexed...

  • I'm perplexed by the massive amount of equipment that is being brought into the University Stadium to set up for the U2 concert. The concert is two weeks away and they are already setting up for it? But not only that, they have approximately 15 semi trucks, 5 flatbed trucks, 5 or more forklifts, 3 other trucks (the type that has the lift a person can stand in), a ginormous tent and several building type trailers. They have practically taken over the entire parking lot. I'm perplexed by this situation because when I looked at the U2 tour dates online, they perform every 2-3 days. If it takes two weeks to set up for one concert then exactly how many of these sets do they have? They obviously have to be setting up for more than one concert at a time. And how much is all of this costing? It's no wonder they charge $200/ticket.

  • I'm perplexed by people who go to a choir concert and bring their dinner with them in giant styrofoam containers and somehow expect the people sitting around them to not be annoyed by the smell of it for the next 1 1/2 hours. Is it not possible for people to eat before entering the auditorium? This isn't a sporting event/movie theatre people! I don't care if it was only a high school choir performance, what happened to concert ettiquette? The choir teacher (my sister) already had to remind the audience that cat-calling isn't appropriate for concert performances and should be saved for sporting events. Perhaps next time dinner entrees should also be included in that reminder.

  • I'm perplexed by California. Where do they get off thinking they can control this country? They wanted to boycott Utah over prop 8 (even though Californians passed the bill, not Utahns) and now they want to boycott Arizona over their new immigration bill? Seriously? Don't individual states still have rights? Why does California even get a say in this? I say they better start being a little nicer to their neighboring states - especially those that supply them with water and electricity. Otherwise, someone just might flip the switch on them and it will be Goodnight, California!

No comments: