Nine months ago my roommate decided to leave Utah and go on an adventure to Florida to do an internship with Disney. At the time I was really excited for her and I admit, a little excited for me. I was excited for the chance to have the house all to myself, do whatever I wanted whenever I wanted and never feel like I was in anybody's way. I didn't have to clean up my messes if I didn't want to. It was going to be paradise.
And for the most part, it was. I was able to do all of those things and I really enjoyed that. But after about two months the excitement of living alone began to wear off and I began to feel bored and lonely. There was nobody to come home to, nobody to talk to, nobody to workout with. It was always just me. In order to compensate for lack of conversation, I started talking to myself.
Myself and I had many wonderful talks over the next couple days. But then I began to realize that even that wasn't working. Therefore I turned to the TV for comfort. It provided me with much needed laughter and enjoyment for hours on end and before long, the TV and I were in an exclusive relationship.
But now, after nine long months, my roommate has returned! I am so excited! It is so fun just to hear someone else moving around in the house! Boy I have missed that!
It feels so good to be lonely no more.
10 years ago
1 comment:
I'm glad you have your roommate back. I quite enjoy my own company, but after 9 months I would have driven myself insane.
Post a Comment