May 7, 2010

The DC Temple...

I haven't yet had time to go through all of the pictures from my trip (I took about 300 of them) but I'm hoping to get some more posted next week. In the meantime, here are a few pictures of the DC Temple to start out:

DC Temple by day:


DC Temple by night:


Truthfully, the pictures don't really do this temple justice. It is so much bigger than I realized and it towers over you in such a majestic way. Driving down the interstate at night and seeing it appear out of nowhere is also an amazing sight! I tried to take a picture of that as well, though sadly the picture just doesn't really capture the experience either.


When you come around a bend in the road, the temple just appears from behind the trees right in front of you. I couldn't pull my camera out fast enough to get that shot, so the temple is off to the side in this picture. But it definitely gets your attention and according to my friend, many people pull off the road to find it because they want to know what it is!

1 comment:

Jo said...

That is a magnificent temple. It looks especially beautiful in the night-time picture. I always think the temples look most beautiful at night.