January 9, 2010

Making It A Double Feature...

Remember back in the day how they used to have double features at the movie theatre where you could see two movies for the price of one? The last time I did that was when I went to see Forever Young and Lorenzo's Oil back in 1993*. Theatres don't do those anymore though so today my sister and I decided to make a double feature of our own.

First we went to a matinee and saw this:



I thought this movie was hilarious. I already want to see it again.

After the movie we did a little shopping but there was another movie my sister wanted to see. We thought about going a different day, but due to busy schedules we weren't sure when we'd be able to go see it together. So a whim we decided to just go. We went and saw this:


SO CUTE! This was also a very fun movie even though it did leave me wishing for 1) a boyfriend and 2) a trip to Ireland.

Even though it wasn't technically a "double feature" and we did have to pay for both movies, it really was a lot of fun.

*I had to look up the year those movies came out ... my memory really isn't that good.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Saw the first one thought it was funny, but was very disappointed to find out she cheated after giving her husband just a hard time about him cheating. That doubel standard bothered me!

I'm sure I'd agree with you on the 2nd one, but haven't seen it yet!

Tandy said...

Oh my gosh!!! Totally saw both of those movies and thoroughly enjoyed both. Laughed so hard. And yes, Leap year totally made me want a real life boyfriend. One that thinks for himself and tells me when I'm being silly but loves me just the same. Sigh. Some day, right? :)

Singinmame said...

Ok...not just ANY boyfriend. Don't you really just want an Irish boyfriend? With the thick accent and all? Hmmm.

This was so fun. Thanks for playing with me. :)