Have any of you ever seen the episode of Friends where Joey is rehearsing lines for a new show with a guy who is constantly spitting in his face? And because of this he constantly tries to shield his face from this guys spit, only to be told later on that spitting is how you know you are pronunciating your words correctly. The more spit the better. This episode always made me laugh because I thought it was so ridiculous. Nobody really spits on people, right?
Apparently, they really do.
I witnessed this first hand tonight when I went and saw "The Scarlet Pimpernel"* at Hale Center Theatre. My friend and I sat on the front row of the theatre, where we were almost too close to the spit that kept flying out of the lead character's mouth. Sometimes it was a gentle mist and other times it was like Niagara Falls. It reminded me of the time I went to SeaWorld and sat in the "soak zone". Had I known before hand that spit would be a flyin', I would have been more prepared. Perhaps with an umbrella or a poncho.
It was gross and kind of distracting to watch. I felt so bad for the people playing opposite of him who kept getting sprayed in the face and yet still had to stay in character.
But hey, at least we understood every word he said.
*This play was amazing! It's a little different than the book, but I still loved it. If any of you ever get the chance to see it, definitely do. You will love it.
10 years ago
2 comments:
Hahaha. I saw it a few weeks ago. We were 4 rows up, but same thing. He really spits ALOT! It was hilarious. Even more hilarious was that he was filling in. He normally performs on the other days. So he and the guy opposite him were trying to make each other laugh. He was more successful. It was so funny. :)
Is it sad that I find a lot if things relate to an episode of Friends?
Such a great play!
Post a Comment