I'm going to the Utah vs. Utah State football game tonight after work. I'm very excited. I love me some good football. I am even more excited to go because it's between two of my favorite schools.
I graduated from Utah State University. I am and always will be an Aggie.
I work at the University of Utah. I also attended school here for two years before transferring to Utah State. I guess you could say that makes me a Ute.
And this is where my dilemma comes in. Who do I cheer for?*
I know as well as anyone that the Aggies are not a well established football team and the Utes are probably going to thrash them. But they are still my team and part of me, naturally, wants to cheer for them. But on the other hand I work for the U, the game is being played at the U and I am sitting in the Utah section of the stadium. I can't really show up in a blue Aggie t-shirt unless I'm okay with getting beat to a pulp. And I'm not okay with it.
So today I came to work in a red t-shirt ready to cheer on the Utes.
I totally feel like a traitor.
*My heart will still be with the Aggies and I'll be cheering for them on the inside.
10 years ago
4 comments:
GO UTES!
I totally understand. I'm an Aggie as well. However, when it comes to cheering for the under dogs, I tend to cheer for them too. You'll hear a "good for you" from me every now and then. Hence, the whole... I'm not super competitive. I feel for ya though. You're in a pickle.. :)
Traitor!!!!!!!
j/k
sorta.
Yeah traitor is right!!! But yes, you wanted to make it home alive so congrats you made the right color choice! Utah State certainly was never known for the good teams. You chose right.
Post a Comment