Yesterday at church the Relief Society sisters got a nice dose of talk from the Bishopric about dating and what we can do to prepare ourselves to have better dating prospects. Normally I hate these types of conversations, not because of the fact that I am still single (I've accepted that part of my life) but because there is never anything said that I haven't already heard before. That was until yesterday. My Bishop stood up and pretty much told us to lie, cheat and steal. It was an odd way of telling us we need to do whatever it takes, but I think it was pretty effective. It was the one thing that stuck with most, if not all, of us once the meeting was over.
And it only took me about 30 minutes before I was able to put it to practice.
I was supposed to have a meeting with the Bishop after church. It was the meeting I have been dreading for awhile now...the conversation where he tells me I am too old to stay in the ward and it's probably time I move on. It was definitely something I didn't want to hear. When it came time for my appt. I noticed the Bishop was still in the gym mingling with other members of our ward. So I walked up to him and asked him if he was ready to meet with me.
"What?" he said with an absolutely confused look on his face.
"We have an appt. for 12:40pm"
"We do?"
"I'm pretty sure. I got a message this morning asking if I could meet with you."
"Do you know what about?"
"Um no. But I'm pretty sure it has to do with me being 31 and you wanting to kick me out of the ward."
"What? No. You aren't 31 are you?"
"Yes, I am"
He looks me straight in the eye and asks again, "You aren't 31 are you?"
"Oh me? No. I'm 28."
"Okay great! It seems we have nothing to talk about". And then he started walking away, while adding "Lie, cheat and steal. I really don't care!"
I tried to follow after him and ask if we really needed to meet. He said he'd check and come find me if he needed me. He never did. So after another 30 minutes of mingling, I just went home. I guess we'll have that meeting another day.
But in case I do end up getting "removed" from the ward before much longer, a couple of my friends said they'd be starting a "Keep Camille in the Ward" petition on Facebook. What loyal friends I have!!
10 years ago
1 comment:
lol. You have plenty of time to 'talk'. They want everyone to stay through August so we have the Summer together. That's funny though. Bish is such a nerd. :) Good job on applying the lesson!!!
Post a Comment