June 22, 2009

Using the Force on #20*...

I have a niece named Emily. She's six. She is the third of five children, the rest of whom are boys. I don't think it would be much fun to be the only girl of the family squished between all boys. But she loves her brothers and handles it well. She'll probably love it when she's older and has four brothers who stand up for her and protect her. Brothers are awesome that way.

Anyway, Emily and her brothers found out a little while ago that their mom (my sister) is expecting another baby! So one night while her dad and brothers were gone to a campout, Emily and her mom were having their own slumber party on the bedroom floor. They were laying there, snuggled up together when the following conversation took place:

Emily: "There are two girls in here and one boy in there" (the 1 year old was asleep in his crib)

Mom: "Yep"

Emily: "Actually, there are three girls in here and one boy in there"

Mom: "Three girls? How do you know this one is a girl?"

Emily: "I just know"

Mom: "What if it isn't? What if it's another boy?"

Emily: "Then I will be very disappointed."

Mom: Something to the affect of "Well we can't just send it back if it's not a girl."

Emily: "Uh-huh. I will pray to Jesus and He will come down and use the force!"

Genius.

*With the arrival of baby #19 in August, this newest addition to arrive in December will make baby #20 in my family. I can't believe how fast our family is growing! I just love being an aunt!!

No comments: