October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween!!

I'll be honest, I have never been a big fan of Halloween. I'm not sure why, exactly. I guess I just never quite understood the fun in celebrating the day of the dead. But, in saying that, I do find enjoyment in the excitement of others. Especially children. Tonight my family had a little Halloween party at my parent's house. It was a lot of fun. I enjoyed being in the company of Princess Peach, Toad, a banana, Jengo Fett, a cowboy, two 50's girls, Pocahontas and the cutest dog I ever did see. Oh, and the devil made an appearance too!




We did a little trick-or-treating at the party. An adult stood behind one of seven doors with a bucket of candy and each of the kids got to trick-or-treat around the house. What fun! The kids absolutely loved it. Well, at least I think I did. I didn't actually go around afterwards and take a poll. Perhaps I should have.

They even loved my edible eyeballs (see post below for recipe)!! It was a great Halloween night with the family! As you can see, I really got into it. :D

1 comment:

Jo said...

All of the kids look amazing in their costumes, but the dog is too cute. I'm glad you had fun too.

Happy Halloween!