I've got some random things floating around in my brain this morning so I decided to just let them out. :)
1) I went to a high school choir concert last night and I just so happened to sit right in front of a couple who brought along their six year old child. This child obviously didn't care much for choral music and it was clear that he was completely bored out of his mind. Every 5 minutes, without fail, I would hear something like this: "Is it over yet?" or "Is this the last song?" or "Can we go now?" in his whiney little voice. And then in response I would hear the mother say, "No. Please be quiet. Just a few more songs." I couldn't help but chuckle. This kid did not want to be there and the poor mother was trying her hardest to keep him reigned in. Is this sometimes how we are in life? Do we act like this whiney little kid who doesn't want to sit still, focus on the task at hand, or appreciate the many things life has to offer? Does Heavenly Father have to constantly remind us to be quiet, be patient, and pay attention? I don't know why but for some reason, that's exactly what this moment made me think of. Random.
2) I mentioned in a post three or four times ago how grateful I am for those not of the LDS faith who are willing to stand up for us. This has been on my mind a lot lately. A few years ago when Mitt Romney was running for President, I began reading a blog entitled "Evangelicals for Mitt". Every so often they would post something about Mormons (obviously this came up because they were supporting Mitt who is a Mormon) and I would always be very impressed with their kindness towards the LDS Church even though they obviously disagreed with it's theology. This was always impressive to me. At the time, one of the authors wrote a post that I really liked and just yesterday I happened upon this post again. It may be a few years old now, but in light of recent events, I still think it is very applicable. So if any of you would like to read it now, click here.
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment