You'll have to read the post below this for my full birthday experience, but I also needed to mention a random conversation I had with my five year old nephew last night after we finished celebrating birthdays.
Nephew: "Camille, why don't you ever come sew at my house anymore?"
Me: "Well, I have been busy and I don't know if I have enough time to take off work for the rest of the year."
Nephew: "Why?"
Me: "Well, I took a couple vacations this year and they used up a lot of my time off."
Nephew: "Well, you could come Saturday."
Me: "This Saturday?"
Nephew: "Yes"
Me: "I might be busy this Saturday. I'll have to check and see."
{that's me, totally blowing off a 5 year old.}
Nephew: "Okay. If you can come, just call me."
Me: "Call you?" {trying to suppress my laughter}
Nephew: "Yes."
Me: Should I call you or should I call your mom?"
Nephew: "Oh. You can call my mom...or me."
This kid makes me laugh. What five year old tries to make plans with his Aunt? And what Aunt (other than myself) actually blows him off? This is the second time in three weeks he has tried to get me to visit (they live an hour away so it takes a bit of planning). I think I'm going to have to find the time to make that phone call. And in the process, maybe I really could finish sewing that quilt I started two years ago. :)
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment