
I am not finished reading the entire book yet but I still felt the need to blog about it. As I have been reading the last few days, I have felt completely inspired to improve on many aspects of my life, one of which being the way I treat people. The more I read, the worse I feel about all the mean/negative things I say about people, even if I do sometimes say them facetiously. I know I am a very direct and opinionated person. I also know that many people find this trait of mine to be quite distasteful. Even though I may continue to be direct in my communication (I feel it is always best to get to the point and not beat around the bush), I will strive to improve on the way my directness is relayed to others...perhaps in a more kind and tactful way.
With that said, I would just like to say to all the smokers, bicyclists, skateboarders, and ditzy girls of the world (and anyone else who I may have offended in the past) that I am truly sorry. In the future, I will try to refrain from making such blanket statements about people and try to be a little more understanding and a little less judgemental.
It's not very easy for me to point out my flaws, but I am grateful that I am at least able to recognize them and improve upon them. It is my hope that in blogging about this, you all will now be able to help me out by holding me accountable for the things I say and calling me out on them the next time I post or say something brash.
I'd also like to thank President Hinckley for helping me see the error of my ways. This book has really opened my eyes to the person I am and the person I can become. I'm starting to think I should have read this book in 2000 when it first came out. Maybe then I wouldn't be 10 years late on starting my path to self-improvement.
4 comments:
That was very sweet Camille. I really like your directness! It's charming. But I have to say, when I read your last rant...I thought you were going off the deep end!
p.s. how is the Seven Miracles that Saved America book? In other words...Would I like it?
Cammie! Thanks for your comment. I know, I know... sometimes I also think I am going off the deep end. Thank you for your directness in pointing that out. :) It is something that I consciously want to improve upon.
I have enjoyed the Seven Miracles that Saved America. I'm only about 1/2 way through it because I got distracted by other books (that happens frequently), but so far it is very interesting. I think you'd like it. :)
It's a great book!
Post a Comment