June 28, 2010

Encounter in the Restroom...

Disclaimer: If you don't enjoy reading my restroom stories (I seem to always have plenty of them) then you might want to stop reading now.

So just like any typical work day, I had to take a bathroom break this afternoon. Afterall, I am human and that's what humans do. I ran upstairs, sat myself down on the toilet and proceeded to do my business when the only other person in the bathroom finished up and proceeded to walk out. As she did so she said to me, "I'm going to turn the light out because it gets way too hot in here." And then before I could even respond, she turned off the light and walked out the door.

There I sat in the darkness completely dumbfounded as to what had just taken place. Who was this woman who would just turn off a light when someone else was in the restroom? Never mind the fact that she was leaving the restroom. Perhaps it would have benefited her more had she turned the light off before she entered. But instead, she left me sitting there in the dark to finish my business.

I sat there nearly speechless. I think I muttered a few words such as "Uh, okay. I guess I can manage in the dark...somehow...."

Honestly, I wasn't sure how to react. I just did what I had to do. And then, as if it was some sort of vindication, I turned the light back on when I walked out.

6 comments:

Deidra said...

That is totally a Seinfeld episode! Don't forget her voice, figure out who she is and then it's payback time!

Ap said...

That sounds like some joke you would have played on a sib growing up. Maybe you should start wearing a diaper to work...I hear they are pretty comfortable.

Cambu said...

LOL!! Wearing a diaper would totally save me from having to run up the stairs all the time! I should definitely look into this... ;)

Cambu said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katy said...

What a weird thing for her to have done! Perhaps she could have ASKED you to turn out the light when you were finished, or she could have waited outside the door until you exited, then reached in and flipped the switch off at that point. How bizarre! Camille, you have some interesting experiences!

Singinmame said...

LOL!!! At least you had toilet paper this time...