Something is happening to me. I'm not exactly sure what it is but I know that I don't like it much. It causes me to do things that I have never done before. Things such as putting on two entirely different pair of shoes and actually walking out of the house in them.
This, I assure you, has never happened to me before. At least not until January 22, 2010. That date will be forever burned into my memory* because it is the day this traumatic occurrence first took place. I was standing in my office talking to my co-workers when I looked down and happened to glance at my feet. Something didn't appear quite right. I looked a little harder and then just started laughing! Brown boot, black boot. Boy did my co-workers and I get a kick out of that. Of course, I was completely self-conscious the rest of the day and I vowed it would never happen again.
Well, never say never my friends. This morning I was running a little late and knew I had a train to catch so I grabbed my stuff, slipped on my shoes and ran out the door. I got to the train station, jumped out of my car and was heading to the train platform when I once again looked down.
"You have GOT to be kidding me!" I shouted.
Yes, I shouted it. Out loud. I can guarantee people heard me.
What was I to do? Go to work in such a humiliating manner or run back home and change my shoes?
Honestly, there wasn't even any question about what I was going to do. I immediately jumped in my car and drove the 3 minutes back to my house to change my shoes. Unfortunately, I did miss my train and therefore ended up driving to work, but I was more than happy to pay the $6.00 for parking in order to avoid any humiliation the "shoe problem" would have caused.
Never before have I had this problem and now twice in five months? Something is definitely happening to me. Maybe you guys can tell me what it is.
*When I say "forever burned into my memory" what I really mean is, "forever written in my journal." I actually had to look the date up.
10 years ago
3 comments:
hahaha, that is so funny. Twice? Darn it. I agree, that six bucks was totally worth it. Great story, thanks for sharing :)
Hilarious! Maybe you should just give in to it. You obviously (subconsciously) really like the brown/black combo. You should think of yourself as a trend setter. If you do it enough you'll start to notice everyone doing it. :)
I don't believe I've ever done that! I forget many other things I need to bring to work, but matching shoes hasn't been a problem.....at least not yet!
What will you do if it happens a 3rd time?!? Then what? Will you start keeping a pair of shoes in your car for "just in case" it happens again?
Post a Comment