When I say I love the Valley, I'm not talking about any place in California nor am I talking about Happy Valley (aka: Provo, Utah). I am most assuredly referring to the great Salt Lake Valley, which for the past 32 years has been my home. There are several reasons why I love this place, but the number one reason would have to be the amazing views. You can hike a mountain and witness the most amazing view of the valley by day or by night. You can also drive about 15-20 minutes in any direction from my house and view one of the four LDS Temples in the valley. To the North there is the Salt Lake Temple; to the Southeast there is the Draper Temple; to the West there is the Jordan River Temple; and to the Southwest there is the Oquirrh Mountain Temple.
Last night I took a drive to the Southwest part of the valley and caught this amazing sight:

This is the Oquirrh Mountain Temple at sunset. Though it's hard to see the temple in the picture, this was one of the most stunning things I've seen in a long time. It almost looks like there is a giant fire burning in the background which reminded me of the first line in a popular LDS hymn, "The Spirit of God like a Fire is Burning". Though a real fire would be completely tragic, the fire (aka: Spirit of God) that burns in our hearts is the most amazing thing a person can feel in their life. This view reminded me of that last night.
Sometimes I really do feel so blessed to be surrounded by such beautiful reminders on all sides of me.
1 comment:
We really are blessed. I agree, these temples in every direction are quite a sight to behold, and such a comfort and source of peace.
Post a Comment