...you accidentally push the panic button?
I was covering the phones at the front desk this afternoon when a guy working the front desk on the other side of the office accidentally hit the panic button. None of us knew exactly what was going to happen, but then the phone rang. It was the campus police and they had a hundred questions to ask, including:
"Are you alone?"
His response: "No, I'm with two co-workers"
"Are you being held against your will?"
His response: "Well, I am at work".
He eventually got to hang up the phone but then 5 minutes later the cops showed up and he had to explain the entire situation again. He was pretty good humored about it though slightly embarrassed. I just sat there and laughed my head off.
As it turns out, the panic button is malfunctioning and they never would have found that out if he hadn't pushed it...so maybe he did everyone a favor in the long run.
10 years ago
4 comments:
I am So jealous! Nothing like that ever happens when I'm covering the stupid front desk! Geez, I leave for 2 days...
How embarrasing, but how exciting too!!! Nothing exciting happens where I work!
I'm glad you got a good laugh! And probably good he pressed it to discover its malfunctioning.
That is so classic! One of my employees bumped the panic button once, there used to one under the Registration window....big mistake. That's probably why it was disabled!
Post a Comment