December 23, 2008

FTC: Sweden

Due to the fact that I was overly stressed with my parent's christmas gift and all the other family obligations I had going on at the beginning of the month, I completely spaced the fact that we were supposed to have our FTC: Sweden club meeting on the 15th. My club members were kind enough to postpone the meeting until the 22nd, which was yesterday. And we had a great time, as usual.

We ate Swedish meatballs, drank Lingonberry juice and had some delicious Singoalla cookies along with Anna's gingersnap cookies (both completely swedish). And I even brought some delicious chocolates!

Here are a few pictures to commemorate the occasion:


Don't you just love the swedish flag that is miraculously floating above my head in that picture?

It was once again a successful club meeting (once again without the boss). Join us next month for FTC: Great Britain!*

*Jo, we might need some great food ideas from you for next month!

3 comments:

Deidra said...

I LOVE that you have this club! For Great Brittan you should definately have hagus. Or meat pasty's, or blood pudding, yorkshire pudding, I could go on and on. There is a whole Brittish store up town by Trolley Square you know.

Andrae DeHaan said...

My vote is Shepherd's Pie! Maybe some tea cakes or tea cookies...and tea, of course! Tea sandwiches....

Happy feasting, whatever you decide on!

Anonymous said...

Finally I can be of some use! ;o)
I need to give this some thought, there are so many great English treats! I have to say I wouldn't recommend haggis! If you knew what was in it you wouldn't go near it!

This is definitely the time to use the Yorkshire pudding mix I sent you - they are the best! Shepherds pie is a good idea, or cottage pie (very similar)! I need to think about this some more. Leave it with me over Christmas and I'll get back to you!

This could be fun!