June 16, 2008

Learning to Spell...

Yesterday evening my niece got out this old chalkboard my siblings and I used to use when we were little (before whiteboards were invented!) My sister asked her if she could spell her name (my sister's name) and she said she could. She needed us to tell her each letter and then she would write it down. Here's how it went:



1 - V (see the V in the middle of the board, it looks like a U)
2 - A
3 - L

So far, so good.

4 - E (she was out of room on the right side at this point so she wrote the E to the left of the V)
5 - R (written to the left of the E)
6 - I (written above the R)
7 - E (written to the right of the I)

What does it spell? RIEEVAL!

No comments: