I had another glorious opportunity to watch my sister's kids last night. All seemed to be going great while we ate dinner, and then played "Chutes and Ladders" before starting the "Bee Movie". I was having a really hard time focusing on the movie though because my 3 year old niece kept making me laugh. At one point I grabbed her and started tickling her and she said "Let me go. I don't like your skin!"
I looked at my hands and said "Are my hands dry?" She said "No, it's your face!". Trying to refrain my laughter, I said "What's wrong with my face?" "It's all poka-dotted" she said. Was that her way of telling me that I have massive zits on my face or something? I just smiled and said "Oh really? What color are the poka-dots?" "They are rainbow colored". Really? I wonder why nobody else has mentioned this to me until now...
I was about to rush off to the bathroom to get a first hand look at these rainbow colored poka-dots, but I decided it would just be more fun to grab my niece and tickle her some more. I could tell she was getting a little annoyed. She was very tired and not in the best mood for that kind of activity, so finally she said "Stop it! I don't like you! You're a meanie...(pause)...but you sure are cute!"
I couldn't help but smile at how she turned two insults into a compliment. What will she say next?
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment