A couple of weeks ago I got a phone call from my sister, who happened to be standing in Best Buy (she seems to go there a lot) and she said she was calling because JAG was on sale for $20.00. She wondered if I wanted her to buy me a copy because she knows how much I love that show. I told her yes if the earlier seasons were on sale. She wasn't sure what seasons were on sale so she said she'd let me know. A few days later, we were talking again and she told me that seasons 1 and 2 were on sale, but they were sold out so she didn't buy any. Immediately after that phone call, I rushed over to the Best Buy near my house and I bought both seasons.Here are just a few reasons why I love this show:
1 - Harmon Rabb Jr (David James Elliott)
2 - The Theme Song. The very first time I watched this show (Season 1, Episode 1) I fell in love with the theme song. I ran upstairs to my mom and said "Next week you have to watch this show! The theme song is just like in the movies!" Of course, I was only 17 year old so what did I really know back then? I just remember loving this song and to this day, it is still one of my favorite theme songs.
3 - Meg Austin (Tracey Needham). She was only on the show for the first season and I was near tempted to never watch the show again when I found out she wasn't coming back for season 2. I loved her, but over the next 9 years I also grew to love her replacement.
4 - Harmon Rabb Jr.
5 - Sarah MacKensie (Catherine Bell). Tracey Needham's replacement. There is no discounting the chemistry between Harm and Mac.
6 - The premise of the show. I have always had a "thing" for the military. Not only because I love a man in uniform, but also because I have great respect for people who proudly serve their country and risk their lives for the sake of others. I understand this is just a TV show and may not accurately portray real military service, but just the same, it reminds me of those who are out serving and who are risking their lives for me.
7 - Did I already mention Harmon Rabb Jr.?
Though JAG was on for 10 years and I was nearly 27 when it ended, I still consider it one of the great shows from my youth*. If any of you haven't seen it, I have the first two seasons you can borrow!
Stay tuned for my next post about my all time favorite TV shows from my youth.
3 comments:
My dad loved the theme song as well and would crank up the volume super loud, where you could hear it all through the house! He also did it for the theme song on Major Dad.
Would this show be worth me checking out? And by that I mean, is there enough sex to keep me interested?
Sorry Cammie, probably not. But there is a lot of action packed drama. :)
Post a Comment