November 29, 2010

It's That Time Again...

Yes, it's true. It's that time again. You know, the time of year where I sit down on the toilet seat at work and my butt freezes to it. If you don't know what I'm talking about, read this post from last year.

Aside from the frigid cold temperatures we've been having lately, I must admit that the snow has been quite beautiful and it has really gotten me in the Christmas spirit.

For instance, my friend and I drove around on Friday night to look at Christmas lights. Draper residents were by far the most festive. West Valley and Sandy residents were the most drab. We'll go out again in another week or two and see if any improvements have been made. So if any of you wish to take part in the Christmas festivities, string up some lights! Just make sure they aren't the solid blue ones or I will automatically give you a failing grade.

Oh, and now might be as good a time as any to mention that my roommate finally bought a Christmas tree this year! I haven't seen it yet because she is having it shipped to our house, but it apparently looks something like this:


That's right. It's a palm tree. I guess this year we'll be turning our house into a tropical paradise for Christmas. So if any of you need a break from the cold and the snow, head on over! We can even set up our hot tub! Which, if you've never seen it, looks something like this:


Free admission to the first 10 visitors. Just be sure to bring your swim trunks.

1 comment:

Jo said...

I couldn't agree with you more about the blue lights. I am dreading my neighbours putting their blue lights up. They light up my entire house, and my pretty little white lights get swallowed up in a sea of blue.

I love to drive around looking at everyone's Christmas lights. Some people really make a huge effort!

I can't wait to see a picture of your Christmas palm tree! :)