December 8, 2009

Peeing in the Arctic...

I am still trying to work with Google about getting my full name off their search results. I've been trying a few different things and it might take another day or two before I know for sure if they worked. If they don't, then I will invite you all to read my private blog. I know there are a couple of you out there who read my blog and don't think that I know. Well, guess what? I know. So just fess up already. Otherwise, you'll be banned from reading my blog forever. And trust me, you'll be missing out.

In the meantime...

I came to work today dressed appropriately for the frigid cold weather...thermals, boots, hat, gloves, etc. I wasn't leaving anything to chance. After all, I ride the train and sometimes trains are late. Of course, I was able to shed most of these layers once I got to work because my office is kept fairly warm.

The bathroom, on the other hand...

I'm not sure why, but for some reason the bathrooms in this building are at least 40 degrees colder than the rest of the building. I walked in there and the cold slapped me in the face so hard I thought I was going to suffocate. It was so cold that for a second I thought about walking right back out and putting on my winter gear...just to use the bathroom. Thankfully that thought quickly passed when, in a moment of clarity, I realized that would only create additional problems with the whole bathroom procedure.

As I walked into my stall and stood there staring at the toilet, I actually wished I had been born a man just so I wouldn't have to bare my bum and stick it to the ice covered toilet seat. But then when I did sit down and had the breath knocked out of me, I wished to be a polar bear. If I were a polar bear I wouldn't need to bare my bum, be a man or even use a toilet. And most importantly...I'd still be warm.

I wonder if I could get workers comp for getting hypothermia while using the bathroom.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Ahhh, the cold toilet seat. One of the many perils of winter. I'm glad you made it. You can change your options to not have search engines crawl your blog, and that should stop your google problem :)

Cambu said...

Hey Melissa! My blog is already set up to not have search engines crawl it - it's been set up that way from the beginning. This is why I am so frustrated and so confused. I've sent a couple requests to Google to have them remove it, so we'll see what happens. I should know in a couple days.

Ap said...

Yet another reason not to use a public bathroom. For some reason I'd rather have a cold seat than a warm one in a cold bathroom. Probably has something to do with the thought of how the seat got so warm.

Michelle Bready said...

I want to keep reading! Don't forget to invite me when you go private!

breadybug@gmail.com