
The new First Presidency was just announced less than 30 minutes ago! It was no surprise that President Monson was called as the new President, or that President Eyring was called as the 1st Counselor. I wasn't expecting President Uchtdorf to be called as 2nd counselor, but I wasn't really surprised by that announcement either. President Uchtdorf can really help with spreading this Gospel far and wide. Possibly to places it's never been before. This is going to be such an exciting change for the Church. I am really looking forward to having these three great men as our new leaders.
My favorite quote from the news conference came from President Monson upon answering a final question from the media. The reporter basically asked President Monson what their first item of "urgent" business would be once they leave the news conference. Personally, I thought Pres. Monson should have said "lunch", but instead he said a few words before finishing with:
"You can rest assured we'll be giving due attention to the present and the future... but not forgetting the past. For the past is prelude to the future".
When President Eyring was asked to put an exclamation on that statement, he replied "I thought that was the exclamation point right there!".
Oh, this is going to be great!
No comments:
Post a Comment