March 10, 2014

Two Months Old!

Our little man is now two months old. Well, he's nine weeks actually - I'm just a little late posting this.  :)  I cannot believe how quickly the time has gone.  It has been challenging but also very rewarding. Lincoln brings us so much joy and laughter and I cannot imagine life without him.




It was so fun to watch his eyelashes and eyebrows grow in. His lashes are so long, I know he didn't get those from me.  He's also started to smile and laugh.  He loves to play "strong legs" where he will sit on my lap and then put up to a standing position with his legs. He smiles and giggles non-stop!  He also loves bathtime. He would sit in his bath and kick around for hours if we let him. I hope that is something he will continue to enjoy as he gets older.  He's also found his tongue and loves to mimic me when I stick mine out at him. We play "tongues" multiple times a day.

Being a stay-at-home mom has been the best decision I could have ever made. Like I said, it can be challenging and sometimes I find myself counting down the days to the weekend when I know Ryan will be home to help me.  I have shed many tears from exhaustion and just not knowing what the little guy needs when he's screaming at the top of his lungs for what feels like hours (usually ony 5-10 minutes).  But for the most part, he is a very happy baby and he is definitely worth quitting my job over.

I was telling Ryan the other day that this is one job I don't get a break from and it's hard but I absolutely love being his mom and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Happy 2 months, little man! We love you to pieces!






No comments: