January 27, 2014

Introducing Mr. Lincoln...

On January 3, 2014, Ryan and I welcomed the newest addition to our family, little Lincoln, weighing in at 7 lbs 10 oz and being 20 inches long.  He was the perfect little lad and waited until his actual due date to make his grand entrance into this world.


 He had a little trouble with his oxygen levels shortly after birth because he had swallowed some amniotic fluid into his lungs. He ended up staying in the NICU for almost a week.  But he was a trooper and did amazingly well!


I came down with a head cold a couple of days before delivering, so I had to wear a mask every time I visited Lincoln in the NICU.  There was no way I was going to pass it on to my little guy or to any of the other tiny babies that were there.


Here is Lincoln in his prison stripes. He was so ready to bust out of that place that was holding him prisoner.


After six days tied up to wires and machines, Lincoln was finally set free! We were lucky enough to be able to room in at the hospital for a couple of days while Lincoln was there but once we got kicked out we headed home without our baby and it just didn't feel right! We were so excited when we were finally able to bring him home!

The day he came home.

Lincoln has now been a part of our family for 3 weeks and I already can't imagine my life without him. He has brought us so much joy. So far, being his mom has been absolutely exhausting and absolutely amazing! He came to us just a week before our 2nd anniversary and we now call him the most perfect gift we could have ever asked for.  :) 

2 comments:

Jess said...

This is so exciting! Congratulations!!

Jenny said...

Congratulations! I love the name and am so happy for you. He looks like a sweet baby - definitely looks like he has Butterfield blood in him. It must have been hard to have to leave him at the hospital. I'm glad that didn't last long and that everyone is happy and healthy now.