December 26, 2012

Merry Christmas!

Since posting Ryan's stocking on my blog and Facebook I have had several people ask me what my stocking looks like. I had taken a picture of both stockings together but it turned out kind of blurry and I decided not to post it. But since people are so curious I decided I'll post it anyway and just apologize for the way it turned out. :)


I have always loved my stocking but once I finished Ryan's and hung his up next to mine I was feeling a little jealous that his was so cute. I actually said to him, "I'm jealous of your stocking. Can I have your instead?" He laughed and said no way. I don't think he will ever part with that stocking but it's okay, I don't really want to part with mine either. I love my mom dearly for all the time and love she put in to making my stocking for me. I will cherish it always. :)

Other than that, Christmas was great! Ryan and I stayed busy on Christmas Eve making cookies for our neighbor friends, visiting his dad in the care facility and then going to a Christmas Eve party with my family. We stayed after the party until midnight playing a game with my sisters and watching Miracle on 34th Street with our parents. That has been a tradition for several years now and we decided to keep it this year as well. Now that Tricia and I are married I'm not sure it will happen every year but I am glad we were still able to do it this year.

Christmas morning was so heavenly. It was our first Christmas together as a married couple and I loved being able to wake up and just relax with him. I was awake by 7am and I don't think Ryan was too happy about that - but I am still a child a heart and I cannot sleep in on Christmas morning. It was nice to just do our own thing though and take our time together. We headed to my parents in the afternoon for gift exchanging. With about 26 people there it was quite chaotic but I love spending time with my family. And my parents gave Ryan (and his dad) the best gift ever. They willingly participated in a small video singing "We Wish You a Merry Christmas". Being in a care facility is not the most exciting way to spend Christmas so they did what they could to bring him a little cheer. It touched Ryan's heart so much afterwards that he said to me with tears in his eyes "It means so much to me that your family would do that." This is just one more reason why I love and cherish them so much! We went and visited his dad that afternoon and played him that video. He clapped and cheered and mouthed the words (since he can't talk) "That was very nice." He is happy that he is now a part of my family.

We spent a couple hours with Ryan's dad and his sister's family and then headed to a Christmas dinner at my grandma's house. It was a busy day but so full of love that my heart was ready to burst by time the day was over.

I think my first Christmas with Ryan is probably one of my best Christmas' yet. I am grateful for all the blessings in my life and especially for my Savior, Jesus Christ. He gave us the greatest gift of all - his life - so that we may all live with Him and our Heavenly Father again. What a glorious gift!

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!

No comments: