January 17, 2013

1st Anniversary

One year ago on January 12th, I married my best friend in the Salt Lake LDS Temple.  I cannot believe that one whole year has already passed.  It has been a year of challenges but also a year of laughter and joy.  Ryan and I have definitely grown closer together as we have tried to work through our differences and have grown more in love with each other in the process. It has been a wonderful year!

This past weekend to celebrate our 1st year anniversary, we decided we wanted to take a quick trip out of town so Ryan took me to Midway, Utah and we stayed in the "Honeymoon Suite" at the Homestead Resort.  I had never been to the Homestead before and I loved it.  LOVED it! There is just something so peaceful and serene about being in the mountains - especially right after a fresh snowfall.  The minute we got there we both knew we wanted to stay longer than we had planned.  We were both sad to leave.  But it was an amazing getaway just the same.  We didn't do too much outdoors because it was nearly 0 degrees outside and we were freezing but our little cottage was quiet and so romantic. We had a jetted tub, a fireplace and a big screen TV. There really was no reason to go out.  :)

Here are a few pictures of our stay:


The deer were just chilling by our cottage and let us walk right up to them. It was awesome!


This is the Crater.  Apparently you can go swimming in there but we didn't have reservations nor did we think to pack our swimsuits.  So, just another reason why we'll have to go back sometime!


This is the cottage we stayed in.  It was SO cute and SO quiet! We were on the top floor and nobody was below us. We seriously could have stayed there for an entire week.



 The one and only picture we got of the two of us together - standing on our deck.




We had such a great time and were both sad to see the weekend come to a close.  It was the best first anniversary I could have asked for.  I can't wait for year #2!  :)

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Congratulations on your first year! It just keeps getting better. :)

BTW: I love the picture of you on the bridge. Very pretty!