December 22, 2012

Christmas Stockings!

When Ryan and I hauled out the Christmas decorations this year I noticed that he didn't have a stocking. He told me he had one as a kid but wasn't sure what happened to it. So for two weeks my stocking hung all alone on our fireplace. I thought it would be fun to have a stocking for him that was similar to mine so I did what any wife would do - I called my mother for help.

My mom had made stockings for her and my dad and all eight of her children. They hung on our mantle for years. I knew that if anyone could help me make a stocking that looked like mine, it would be her.

So one Saturday two weeks ago I spent four hours at her house cutting and pinning and coming up with a design that I just knew Ryan would love. We didn't get the entire thing finished (not even close) but I worked on it nearly every night for about an hour or so each night and I finally finished it today!

Ryan was gone helping someone move (because he's so great like that) and while he was gone I finished the stocking and hung it on the mantle. When he got home he sat down on the couch to relax and all of a sudden from the other room I heard,

"Cutie!"

Then he came into the room where I was, planted a kiss on me and said,

"I love my stocking! It's awesome!"

I wish I could have captured that moment on camera but I didn't. I knew he would love it though simply because of the design:


Yes, it is Mario. And seeing as Ryan LOVES video games I knew he would love it. And he did!

MERRY CHRISTMAS, Sweetheart! I'm so glad my stocking doesn't have to hang alone anymore. :)

1 comment:

Jenny said...

That's SO fun! But I think you should post a picture of yours too so we can see the pair together. :) Merry Christmas! You have an awesome mom.