November 20, 2012

Updates...

I swear every post I write these days is entitled "Updates". I need to be better at updating regularly so my blog posts can have more creative titles. But nonetheless, here are a few updates since I have blogged last.

Ryan and I are both a year older. Our birthdays are only 8 days apart. This year we decided to pick the day right in the middle of both our birthdays and take it off work. We had a wonderful day off to celebrate and it was awesome. We should celebrate this way every year because that extends both of our birthdays a little longer. :)

Two days after my birthday, Ryan's dad went to the ER because he had some pneumonia and was having difficulty breathing. Things progressively went down hill and he has been in the hospital on a ventilator for a month now. There are little improvements every day and we are hopeful that he will be able to breath on his own again, without the help of a machine, but it will be a long road. It's been a long month of visiting the hospital every day after work but we are choosing to remain positive and hopeful.

Ryan is also finishing up his first semester of grad school so he's been staying plenty busy. All the more reason it was nice to take a day off together. I am enjoying my evenings at home while Ryan is in school. Since we currently only have one car and he has it on school nights, I don't really get the chance to go out much. But the nights home give me time to workout and work on some projects that would otherwise be completely neglected. So I guess it's a win-win for both of us. I'm excited for Ryan and proud of him for pursing his education. One semester down, three to go. We can do this! :)

I hated the outcome of the presidential election and really struggled with understanding it for a day or two afterwards. I have no idea how we, as a country, can be in such a mess and people want to re-elect the guy who got us here. I know several people who would disagree with that statement and that's fine. This is just simply my own opinion. I do not like seeing the direction this country is headed but the day after the election as I battled with the many emotions I was feeling, I was reminded of a hymn that says, "We thank thee, oh God, for a Prophet, to guide us in these latter-days..." I know that no matter what this country goes through, if I follow the counsel of our latter-day prophet, and put my trust in God, I will be okay. Knowing that brings me peace of mind.

And last but not least, today, November 20th, is the two year anniversary of Ryan's baptism into the LDS Church. I cannot believe it has already been two years! He has made such a huge transformation in his life that it is impossible for me to even look at him and see the person he used to be. That person simply no longer exists. The gospel has changed his life and I am so grateful for the person he has become. It has been an amazing two years!

2 comments:

Jo said...

Really great to hear all of your news, I'm glad things are going well for you.

So sorry to hear about your father-in-law. I pray that he continues to improve and makes a full recovery.

Keep the updates coming. :)

Ap said...

So sorry to hear about Ryan's dad. We need to get together on one of those nights Ryan is at school and hang out.