October 16, 2011

Happy Birthday To Me!!!

Holy toledo. I can't believe that I have hit another birthday. This one is the big 3-4. I probably shouldn't announce that, but I don't really care. To me age is just another number. I'm not ashamed or embarrassed by how old I am. I don't feel 34. I still feel like I am in my 20's but probably because I still act like I am in my 20's. :)

I have officially decided that I love having my birthday on a weekend because I get to celebrate all weekend! And it was such a great weekend too! Ryan and I both took Friday off work. I relaxed most of the morning and then he took me to Tucanos for lunch. I love that place! After lunch we went to the temple and then we went and played a round of mini golf. After that we ran a few errands before finally heading back to his place and settling in for the evening.

On Saturday two of my sisters ran a half marathon so Ryan and I along with my parents, another sister and three of her kids went out to cheer them on. That took most of the morning. Then I ran a few errands with Ryan, went out to my birthday dinner at Sweet Tomatoes with my parents in the evening, and then went back to Ryan's where he had baked me a fabulous birthday cake! It was his first time baking a cake and I think he did an amazing job. He certainly spoils me!


Sunday (today) was my actual birthday. I spent the morning relaxing at home then I went to church. After church I went to Ryan's for dinner and to open some more great gifts he got me. Then we headed to my parent's where we had a big birthday party for me and my brother (his birthday is on Thursday). I love my family so much and I really appreciate that they still make the effort to celebrate each other's birthdays. They always make me feel special at least once a year. :)

I would have to say that based on all that alone, this was the best birthday (and best birthday weekend) a girl could ask for. But this year was even more special for me because I also got this:


Happy birthday to me! :)

8 comments:

Katy said...

I am so, so, so happy for you!

Jenny said...

Wow! That is a beautiful ring!!! What a perfect token to represent an amazing relationship!!! Congratulations!!!!

Deidra said...

OH MY GOSH! IT IS BEAUTIFUL! Congratulations! That really is the best birthday weekend ever!!! Are you going to post the proposal details? Please?! Also, Happy Birthday!

Jess said...

Bahhhh!! I am SO so SO excited!! Happy birthday and congratulations!! (Seriously, I am SO excited!)

PBM&C said...

HOLY TOLEDO!!!!!! I am bursting with happiness for you!!!!! Congratulations and Happy Birthday!!!! Loves!

Eliza said...

Awesome! That is so exciting. Congrats Camille! I hope you are planning to post the proposal story:)

Cambu said...

Thank everyone! It was a great day. The engagement doesn't quite feel real yet but we are both very excited! I will try and get the story posted soon! :)

Jo said...

Congratulations!!! I am SO pleased for you, Camille. You have such exciting times ahead of you and I look forward to reading all about them. :) x