Next week on December 23rd, my office will be participating in what has become an annual tradition here on campus: Festivus. For those of you who aren't familiar with Festivus, check out this clip from Seinfeld.
Even though I know it's only the 19th, I've decided to start my own personal Festivus celebration a few days early. According to Frank Costanza, the tradition of Festivus begins with the airing of grievances. "I gotta lot of problems with you people and now you're going to hear about 'em!"
So now, in the tradition of Festivus, I will air my grievances:
Chartwells: You try hard, but your food sucks. Either learn to cook or get out of the kitchen. Nobody wants to eat cooked "root vegetables" that are cold ever again. Though your food at the Holiday lunch was somewhat decent this year, it does not make up for the last six years of having to eat the crap you cook. Do you actually taste your own food? I didn't think so.
Campus Food Services: Fire Chartwells. They suck.
UTA: When a snowstorm hits at 8am and you can still manage to run your trains on time, I don't want to hear "the trains are delayed due to a snowstorm" at 5pm when we are all trying to get home. Especially when it's been NINE HOURS since the snowstorm hit. We had to wait for nearly an hour to catch a train. Get it together.
Students: Learn to take responsiblity for your life. Life is not handed to you on a silver platter. We are not paid to babysit you. When you enter college you are considered an adult. Act like it. If you fail or withdraw from your classes, too bad. We aren't going to take them off your transcript. We will, however, allow you to repeat those classes for a better grade. Just pay us $4,000 to do so.
TRAX Riders: Show some freakin' courtesy! When I'm in front of you to get on the train, don't shove your way past me just so you can be first. Three of you pushed in front of me today. Three of you just about had your face punched in. Lucky for you I was feeling the Christmas Spirit.
Homeowners: For those of you who put up Christmas lights, I applaude you. However, in the future can you please try to make them look nice? Nothing is more nauseating than looking at a bunch of lights that are flung about as if they had been vomitted all over your house and yard. Oh and for the record, blue is not a happy color. I have no idea why you'd put solid blue lights all over your house.
I'm not really sure who to direct this last one to, but I'm tired of everything having to be "politically correct". I don't want to celebrate a "Holiday" and I don't want to wish everyone a "Happy Holiday Season". It's Christmas! And from here on out, I will only refer to it as such. If any of you feel left out or feel offended, too bad. I'm not going to apologize to you for what I believe.
10 years ago
4 comments:
Here here (especially towards that last one)!
It's like you went inside my head, removed my thoughts, and blogged about them!
I HATE blue Christmas lights!!! I want to take legal action against the people who live opposite me, but apparently it isn't a crime to have poor taste in Christmas lights.
I also hate political correctness. We don't say 'Happy Holidays' over here, but I've never understood why you can't just say 'Happy Christmas'!
I've never heard of Festivus, but I like it :)
"Three of you just about had your face punched in"...I LOVE IT! I can totally see you saying something like that, although we all know you'd never actually follow through. :)
So much of what you said is so true! Thanks for the laugh!
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
Love ya sis! :)
Post a Comment