May 12, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

Yesterday was Mother's Day and it was a great day at my house! Two of my sisters and I made dinner for my mom, which actually turned out rather delicious. I just have to give a quick shout out to my mom because I love her. I am so grateful to her for her unselfish love and sacrifice in raising 8 fantastic children. She's a wonderful mom!

But back to Mother's Day. At 5:00pm another sister called (I have lots of sisters) to wish our mom a Happy Mother's Day and during the conversation said " I think I might be in labor. I started having contractions in sacrament meeting and now they're starting to get harder." I guess after having four other kids, being in labor is really no big deal anymore. But, since her husband is now the bishop and he had to go to the hospital to visit a woman in their ward, she just thought she'd go with him and have her doctor check her out.

At 7:00pm her husband called back to say that she was admitted and they broke her water. So all there was left to do was wait...

And at 10:30pm my mom called to let me know they had a little boy. 8 lbs 8 oz 20 in.* Still nameless, but both mother and son are doing well.

Isn't that the best Mother's Day present ever?

*More info and pictures to come.

2 comments:

browneyedgirl said...

Yes that would be!

Cammie said...

That is so great! What an awesome mother's day for your sister.