August 15, 2012

Insulting My Intelligence...

The other day Ryan and I went to my parent's house to visit and there was some mail there for me. This is not surprising as I used to have most of my mail go to my parent's house before I got married. I opened one particular piece of mail that was hand addressed to me. It contained the following letter:


At first it seemed too good to be true but the first thing I noticed as being odd was the line "We have attempted to contact you several times without success."

Really?

I got this sneaking suspicion that something wasn't right so I showed it to Ryan and then read it out loud to my parents. We all determined it was a scam based on the unprofessional look of the letter in addition to the fact that there was no return address (aka: no way to trace the letter back to anyone) nor is there any airline company called US Airlines (it's US Airways).

These people did a really good job of making it all appear legitimate but I wasn't about to fall for it. I folded the letter back up, put it in the envelope and said, "They just want my credit card! Well, nice try...suckers."

Never insult my intelligence again.

No comments: