May 9, 2012

A Little of This, A Little of That...

I really, really need to blog more. I just logged on here and about got lost in this new maze of layouts and such. Has it really been that long? I feel like I don't even know how to blog anymore, it's all so confusing! Well, I'm sure that just like with anything else, I will soon get the hang of the new "digs" before long.

Life after marriage is a lot different than life before marriage. Not in a bad way. It's just interesting how things are different. I can't just always do what I want when I want anymore. Most decisions are now made as two instead of just me. I've been so used to doing my own thing for so long that this has been kind of weird. And then there's learning to budget and watch what I spend instead of just going out and buying whatever I want. But like I said, none of this is bad. It's just a new experience. It's been interesting, but it has also been a lot of fun! One thing I do love about life after marriage is that there is always someone there to come home to. No more quiet, lonely nights at home. That's been the best thing, by far. Marriage brings new challenges, but it also brings new joy. It's hard some of the time but amazing most of the time. I definitely recommend it to everyone. :)

In other news, Ryan got accepted into grad school! This means starting in August, I may not see him much. His program (Information Systems) will take five semesters and the classes are in the evening from 6-10pm. I hope he doesn't get too stressed out with working full-time and going to grad school, but he is super excited and we both know this is the right course for him right now. With the benefit of working at a university we get half-tuition and for grad school, you really can't pass that up. So we'll take it a day at a time and see how things go. But I'm excited for Ryan. It's hard not to be excited for him when he is so excited for this new adventure. So bring it. :)

Not much else has been going on lately, except that my cute little niece got baptized on Saturday. A week before the baptism she asked me if I would give the baptism talk. Her exact words were "Aunt Camille, I was wondering if you would give the baptism talk at my baptism?" Of course I said yes! It was an interesting week to say the least. I had baptism on my mind every second of every day. Draft after draft was written and nothing seemed to come together. I'd wake up in the middle of the night thinking about this talk and then be unable to fall back asleep. The talk did eventually come together though and when the big day came the five minute talk came and went - and it went well. My niece was happy and excited and I felt so honored to have had such a significant part of her big day. I am so proud of her!

One of these days I will find time to sit down and blog more - and hopefully have something witty or profound to talk about. That's my goal anyway. :)

2 comments:

Jess said...

It still makes me so happy that you and Ryan found each other. Marriage really is great!

PBM&C said...

So good to have you back for a moment....

So happy about your happy!

We will have to do something in the summer before grad school hits!

Loves! Becky