February 19, 2012

Ryan & Me: Chapter Nineteen

The Wedding: Part Three

The reception went from 6:30 to 8:30pm at an LDS Church by my parent's house. We decided early on that we didn't want a big fancy reception. We wanted to invite a few people and keep it pretty low-key. I think the church worked out perfectly! We had so much help with getting everything set up and looking beautiful. I cannot thank everyone enough for all they did to help!

We got there an hour early to take a few more pictures and then the receiving line started right at 6:30. There was a pretty constant stream of people until 8pm. Aside from the fact that my feet were killing me, I had a great time! Nobody could have wiped that smile off my face if they tried. It was so fun to see so many people come and show their support for Ryan and me. We feel so blessed to have such amazing family and friends! And it was fun to see people from my childhood (friends of my parents) that I haven't seen in nearly 20 years! I couldn't have asked for a more special night!




Once the line began to slow, we cut the cake!


Afterward we mingled a bit more and then headed off to change our clothes. As I came out of the bathroom my nephew ran up and asked if he could have the keys to our car.

"Why do you want them?" I asked.

"Well, we want to write 'Just Married' on the windows but it's too cold outside and it won't stick. We need to turn the car on and warm it up a little."

Since when does a teenage boy actually ask for permission to vandalize a car? It just made me smile.

"I don't have the keys." I said. "You'll have to ask Ryan."

I was pretty sure that Ryan wouldn't do it. He already said he didn't want to drive across the valley in a decorated car. But when Ryan came out of the bathroom my nephew went through the same shpill with him that he had just given me and when he finished, Ryan reached in his pockets and handed over the keys.

My jaw dropped to the ground and my nephew yelled "Yeah!" then grabbed the keys and ran off yelling "He gave them to me!"

I looked at Ryan and he said, "You can't deny a kid from having a little fun."

Nope, you really can't. Instead of heading out right then, which was our plan, we went back in the cultural hall and talked to a few more people - just to give the kids time to warm up the car and write all over it. (Note: My name was all written out, you just can't see it in this picture).


Once they came in and handed the keys back to us, we loaded up, said our goodbyes and headed to The Little America. My amazing husband had booked us the Honeymoon Suite! What luxury! And what a perfect way to end an already perfect day!



1 comment:

Jake and Roz said...

your dress is gorgeous! wish we could have been there, strep-throaty kids tend to ruin plans :(

Congrats again!