I know, I know, I am the worst blogger ever! It isn't that I don't have anything to blog about, it's just that I can't seem to find any time to do it. So, while I happen to have a spare minute, here is what's been going on in my world. Sorry there are no pictures, I will try to include some later.
June 2nd I went to Les Mis with my parents and two of my sisters. After getting tickets a year ago, the time had finally come! It was the first time I have seen that play and though it does contain some material I didn't much care for, I thought the production was amazing! The acting, the singing, the staging and the costumes were all superb! We did have twenty minutes of technical difficulties which made the show seem extra long, but it was completely worth it to me. It's definitely one I would love to see again! Now I must patiently wait until September when I get to go see Mary Poppins!
June 4th was my niece's baptism. I can't believe she is already 8 years old. I was so glad she lives close enough that I could go celebrate her day with her! I was also able to take my boyfriend Ryan with me and he was able to stand in the circle when she was confirmed. He is a recent convert to the LDS Church* and this was the first opportunity he has had to use his Melchizedek Priesthood. What an amazing opportunity for him. I am so proud of him for how hard he has worked this past year to be worthy of that opportunity.
June 11th I went to the West Valley Symphony concert with Ryan. His dad composed a song that the orchestra decided to play. It was fun to go support his dad and hear his composition, which was awesome! They did an amazing job and it was also fun to see a co-worker of ours who plays with the orchestra.
June 12th was Father's Day for my family. My parents went to Arkansas over Father's Day weekend because a nephew of mine turned 12 and was being ordained to the Aaronic Priesthood. So, we celebrated early! What a fun night it was with my family to honor the men in our lives who have made such an impact on us. My dad is such a great example to me in so many ways. I credit much of who I am today to the man that he is.
June 15th I ran 2/3 of a mile! That was without stopping. In all I ran 1.5 miles and walked 1.5 miles. That may not seem blog worthy to any of you, but I am not a runner and I have been working hard at being able to run a 5K this summer. I don't think I'll be able to run the entire thing, but if I can at least run a mile without having to stop I will be happy! :)
June 16th I went to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir Pre-tour concert at the Tabernacle. The choir left on tour this morning at 3am and will be back East performing until June 27th. They put on a pre-tour concert for family and friends of the choir and so I went with Ryan to support my sister who sings in the choir. It was an amazing show! Every song they sang was perfect. Their arrangement of Come, Come Ye Saints had me in tears it was so powerful and so moving. I am grateful I was able to attend that concert and that they were willing to use one of their rehearsal nights to perform for us.
June 18th I went to Lagoon with Ryan and two of my sisters. Why is it that I can easily handle three days at Disneyland but nine hours at Lagoon about kills me? My feet were so sore, my throat was nearly hoarse from screaming and my entire body felt exhausted. It made me feel old. But, it was still an awesome day and the weather could not have been more perfect! It has been about four or five years since I had been to Lagoon and it brought back a lot of fun memories. Definitely a fun, fun day!
Well, those are the main things I can think of to talk about. Everything else I have done is probably not that blog worthy. I'm sure some of you might be curious to know more about Ryan and me. Some of you have asked me about it already and I thank you for taking an interest! It's a very interesting story that happened quite unexpectedly. Now that it's been one year since the story began, I will try and blog about it for the rest of you as long as there is ample interest in the topic. Just realize that since I haven't blogged about any of it for a year it will most likely take multiple installments to tell the entire story.
*Today, June 20th, marks the seven month anniversary of Ryan's baptism as well as the three month anniversary of receiving the Melchizedek Priesthood. More to come on that.
10 years ago
5 comments:
Wow, lots of great stuff going on!
But I really want to know more about this Ryan! Camille!! Spill the beans!
Fun update!
I was wondering how things were with Ryan - I'm so so happy to hear an update! :)
of course we would love to hear more! Some of us have just been patiently waiting for information to be volunteered :)
Jake and Ryan should get together and bond over their recent MP ordinations :)
Roz, you should know by now that I'm not really the type that volunteers information. You should have just asked me! I will tell you anything you want to know, anytime! :)
Congratulations to Jake! That is so awesome! When was he ordained? I had no idea...
You know, we probably need to step out of our offices every now and then and actually talk to each other. Hahaha! :)
I'm interested!! Please? Can I still be a friend even though I haven't seen you guys in forever? Do I know Ryan?
Post a Comment