This afternoon as I was sitting on my aforementioned couch, wallowing in my misery and perhaps watching last night's episode of The Bachelor, my doorbell rang.
"What in the world?" I thought to myself. "Who is coming to the door at this time of day?"
I assumed it was a salesman so my initial reaction was to not answer the door. But after a few seconds I thought I should at least go check the peep hole. I stood from my spot on the couch, which by now had a permanent indent of my butt on it, and slowly made my way to the door. I looked out the peep hole but much to my surprise, nobody was there. I then glanced out the window. Nothing.
"How strange." I thought. But whatever. I didn't want to answer the door anyway.
As I started making my way back to the couch I had the thought to check the doorstep. Maybe it was the UPS man delivering a package. Sometimes they will ring the bell before they leave. So I made my way back to the door, unlocked the deadbolt and opened it just a crack. I looked down and this is what I saw:
I think my initial reaction was shock and surprise but then an instant smile came across my face because I seemed to instinctively know they were for me. But just in case I was wrong, I picked up the card that was laying next to them and turned it over. Yep, it was addressed to me!
I picked them up, took them inside and have been staring at them ever since. Aren't they beautiful? For a sick girl who has been a bit down on herself lately, they sure did cheer me up! Of course, I can't really smell them but they sure are pretty to look at!
I feel like such a lucky girl! This will probably teach me to answer the door more often. :D
6 comments:
Camille! You naughty girl, do not leave us hanging! WHO sent them? They ARE beautiful, by the way!
I see my sister beat me to the question, but that doesn't mean I don't also want the answer! :) They are completely beautiful!
Hmmm, are you going to tell us who they are from or do I have to guess? Because I will. And yes you are a lucky girl!
I'll bet I know who sent them, lucky girl. If I had known you were still sick I would have brought you some soup. Hope you're better!
They are so beautiful, and such a thoughtful gesture. I'm so jealous, things like that never happen to me!!! I bet they will keep you smiling for days. :)
Feel better soon.
HAHAHA! I didn't realize I was going to leave so many people hanging with this post. Well, for those of you who asked (and even for those of you who didn't but really wanted to)...the flowers are from the guy I am currently dating. :)
Post a Comment