Since I have this week off work, I decided that I was going to designate one full day to finishing my quilt. Today was that day. I went to my mom's at 10:30am and together the two of us spent about 5 hours sewing, unpicking and sewing some more. It was back breaking work (almost literally as my back was killing by time we finished) but it feels so amazing to finally be done with the quilt top. All I need now is to find someone who can quilt it for me!
Here is the completed quilt top:
I am very happy with the way it turned out! My mom loved it so much that she didn't even want me to leave the house with it. :) It was a lot of work and was extremely frustrating at times, but overall it was very enjoyable. There is always a great sense of accomplishment after completing something like this. That is the feeling that makes the frustrating parts worth it.
2 comments:
Camille, you have done an amazing job! What a beautiful quilt! I am so envious of you, I would love to make a quilt. I really want to make one out of all of my old concert t-shirts, like a memory quilt. I really wouldn't know where to start! I may have to seek some pointers from you, if you don't mind?
That is beautiful! Bring it up here to Smithfield and I can quilt it for you!
Post a Comment