July 31, 2014

5, 6, and almost 7 months!

I am so behind on my blogging - not that anyone even reads this anymore.  I guess it's a good way for me to journal and keep track of things for myself if nothing else.

Lincoln is three days shy of turning 7 months.  SEVEN MONTHS! I can hardly believe how quickly the time has passed.  I know I missed his 5 and 6 month updates so here they are in a nutshell, with pictures too.  :)

Five Months:  At five months Lincoln was able to roll over one direction - from back to tummy.  Apparently he likes to do things the hard way as it's actually easier for babies to roll from tummy to back first. He started becoming more aware of his surroundings and was doing much better at sleep training. We started him on solid foods at 5 months and so far he has loved everything he has tried. I hope that means he'll be a very good eater and not a picky one like his mama.

THis 
Six Months:  At six months Lincoln mastered rolling over both directions and rolls all over the floor but still only rolls right to left and always seems to get stuck and won't roll back the other way.  He's getting much better and sitting as well.  He loves to be upright either sitting or in his exer-saucer though he doesn't mind rolling around on the floor from time to time as well.  He's a mover and I have a feeling he won't be still much longer - at least not once he starts crawling. He still eats like a champ and went on his first vacation a couple weeks ago. He spent 3 days with  my family (all 40 of us) at a lake house with a private lake outside Logan - to celebrate my parents 50th anniversary!  He was a champ there as well.  


Seven Months:  Even though he is 3 days shy of being 7 months, this is the most recent pictures I have of him (who knows if I'll get around to posting his 7 month update).  He is in the process of teething and has the beginning of one of his bottom teeth starting to poke through his gums. This picture is very indicative of how he has been through the whole process.  Very happy and barely whiney.  I have been SO glad for that! He sleeps like a pro now and will put himself to sleep without even a fuss for both naps and bedtime. Sleep training was a killer on both Ryan and me but it has definitely been worth it! 


I cannot believe how quickly our little man is growing up. It seems like just yesterday we were bringing him home from the hospital.  He makes us laugh every single day and we can not imagine life without him.   He is our bouncing baby boy and we love him so much!!!

No comments: